- Instructor-led course consisting of lectures and interactive lab sessions
- Students gain hands-on experience with personal guidance from expert QA Systems instructors
- Specific questions are addressed
- Lab sessions allow hands-on application of the course concepts with supplied examples.
Training Course Instructor
All Instructors are experts in testing C and C++ with the Cantata tool. They are current Cantata Technical Support Engineers.
Who Should Attend?
- C++ code developers
- Test engineers performing C++ unit and/or integration testing
- Quality Assurance personnel
- No prior experience of Cantata is required
- PC with at least 4GB of RAM available
- Peripherals: web cam, headphones and microphone
- Ability to install the “Go To Meeting” app on workstation*
- Ability to install Cantata and Cantata Training Plug-ins and example code on workstation*
- Ability to install / use a GNU GCC / g++ compiler*
* Supplied after registration.
- Basic understanding of C++ programming
- Functional knowledge of UNIX or Windows
- Notions of software testing
- Cantata 9.x installation for Windows or Linux workstation
- Bundled GNU 8.2 C/C++ compiler
- Temporary Cantata license for use with the training course
Training Course Plug-ins:
- Cantata 9.x Training Course Eclipse Cheat Sheets for C++
- Lab Exercises source code provided as plug-ins
Training Presentation Slides:
Training Course Certificate:
- Recorded qualification issued for each student
- Theory of unit testing
- Understanding the Cantata IDE
- What to check for and how in Cantata
- Code coverage analysis (theory & Cantata practice)
- Isolation unit testing
- Multi-unit integration testing
- How to control function calls for simulation and interception
- Positive (requirements-based) & Negative (robustness) testing
- Testing Global Data
- Automatic test case generation from source code
- Testing templates
- Testing Abstract classes and inheritance
- Associations between functional requirements and test cases/scripts
The course topics give a good grounding in how to use Cantata. The instructor can additionally address any specific questions on testing challenges and how to meet these in Cantata.
Follow on dedicated consultancy engagements and corporate training courses are also available. Contact [email protected] for more information.